Prior to deploying the Cb Response sensor, please ensure you have accounted for the following:
- Is your Operating System supported?
- Have you configured the necessary AV exclusions?
- Is the necessary network connectivity in place?
Download the Installation Package
The macOS installer bundle can be accessed via your Red Canary portal.
The contents of each installer package must be extracted to the same directory prior to installation. The sensorsettings.ini file must reside in the same directory as the installer executable at the time of installation or the installation will fail. Administrative privileges are required to install this software.
- Copy the .zip sensor installation package to the Mac OS X endpoint and extract the .zip file
- From the extracted .zip file, run the CarbonBlackClientSetup.pkg file by double-clicking on it and following the installation prompts
You can also install the package silently as follows:
installer -pkg <path-to>.pkg -target /
macOS Kernel Extension Approval
As of High Sierra (10.13.x), all 3rd party kernel extensions (kext) must be explicitly allowed to load. See our KB article macOS Kernel Extension Approval for details.