Below is a list of the various status indicators the Carbon Black Response sensor will report.
- Online – Sensor has been able to communicate with the Cb Response server within the previous expected check-in interval.
- Offline – Sensor has been unable to communicate with the Cb Response server for a period of time exceeding 5 minutes after the expected check-in interval provided during the previous check-in.
In addition to reporting a sensor as Offline, an additional qualifier may be added to the status if we have more information about why the sensor went offline. Specifically, other statuses include:
- Offline (Suspended) – Sensor detected that an OS-level suspend operation was taking place before the sensor going offline.
- Offline (Restarting) – Sensor detected that an OS-level restart operation was taking place before the sensor going offline.
- Offline (Isolate configured) – Sensor is offline as described above and marked for isolation upon next check-in.
- Offline Uninstalled – Appears when an uninstall was requested for an offline sensor.
The following statuses may appear when an uninstall is initiated from the Cb Response interface:
- Uninstall uninstalled – Requested uninstall operation has completed, and the sensor was successfully uninstalled.
- Uninstall pending uninstalled – Uninstall operation has been requested but has not yet completed.