This article details Red Canary's password requirements.
Estimate reading time: 5 minutes.
- Minimum password length: 8 characters
- Account lockout: 3 invalid attempts
- Inactivity Timeout: configurable
It's important to note that...
- You, the customer, control your password. Red Canary does not have access to it.
- You can implement SSO through Red Canary supported providers. You can fully configure any password that you would like for local accounts.
- Red Canary features mitigating controls (for example, mTLS and a Web Application Firewall) that significantly increase the complexity for attacks with a compromised password.