Red Canary supports a variety of security products through existing integrations. However, if you do not see the specific provider and product that you leverage as part of your security environment you can suggest that Red Canary add support for that product in the future.
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
- Click Alert Sources, then click Suggest a new addition.
- From the Request Alert Source popup, enter the security provider or product name. We’ll need the specific provider—usually the company name—and the product name since providers can have several security related products or services available.
- Select an Ingest Method. For example, syslog.
Note: Red Canary supports multiple potential methods for aggregating security data from third-party platforms, such as email, syslog, HTTPS (webhook), and TCP.
- Select a Category. For example, Mobile Security.
- Click Submit.
This notifies Red Canary that you have requested a new security product to be added to Alert Sources.
- Ingest Method: You should refer to the documentation for the Source platform to determine what methods the application or service supports. You can leverage the source that provides the most detailed data output. For more detailed integrations, you can request an API ingestion method. However, API integrations require more detailed research and development efforts and may require significantly longer timeframes for release.
- Category: Red Canary categorizes all Source Platforms in your security stack to provide a clear picture of the Tools & Services being leveraged in your environment. While Red Canary will, by default, categorize source platforms into their designated industry category, you have the ability to organize your applications into the category that you want.