Sensors are reporting a last location of Off-premises when viewing host details.
VMware Carbon Black Cloud Console (all supported versions)
Users can define the boundaries of their organization's premises to determine which endpoints are on- or off-premises at the time of an event.
A device can be considered on-premises if it meets at least one of the following conditions:
- The device has a relevant Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) registered on the network adapter.
- The device has a relevant IP address registered on the network adapter.
- A home network or remote network device has a matching FQDN or IP address in Reachable Hosts. This means the device is considered on-premises when it is actually off-premises.
To define the internal network:
- Go to Settings > General.
- Add your domain in the DNS Suffix text box, then click Add.
- Alternatively, add a Reachable Host, then click Add.
Note: A device can only be defined as off-premises by excluding it from the DNS Suffix or Reachable Host lists.