When we open the Windows Programs and Features list the Carbon Black Sensor is not showing.
VMware Carbon Black EDR
The quickest solution for this problem is to first uninstall the corrupted Sensor and then reinstall the Carbon Black Sensor with a newly downloaded Sensor install package.
First you will need to uninstall the Carbon Black Sensor. Follow the instructions listed in this article: How to uninstall a corrupted Carbon Black EDR Sensor.
Once the Sensor is uninstalled you will need to download a new Sensor install package from the Carbon Black EDR console. The steps to download a new Sensor install package are as follows:
- Login to your Carbon Black EDR console.
- Click on the Sensor field on the left menu bar.
- Click on the Sensor Group name that you want to install the Sensor from.
- Click on the Download Sensor Installer button on the top right of the page.
- Export the installer to the endpoint and run the installer .exe file.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot the system.
There have been reported bugs with certain Sensor releases that describe this issue occurring on some rare occasions. More specifically, this happens as a result of a corrupted Sensor installation. The direct cause is due to a missing or incorrect Windows registry key. The Windows Registry key is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall. This issue can also occur when the name specified in the Windows "Uninstall" registry key is longer than 60 characters in length. Windows Programs and Features only lists program names it locates up to the point it encounters this situation.