How to configure VMware Carbon Black Cloud Master/Gold image for non-persistent VDI.
Carbon Black Cloud 3.4+
- Install the primary OS and required applications.
- Install the sensor with the CLI_USERS parameter to ensure RepCLI authentication. For example:
msiexec.exe /q /i C:\temp\installer_vista_win7_win8-64-3.4.0.xxxx.msi /L* log.txt COMPANY_CODE=" XYZ" CLI_USERS=sid GROUP_NAME="VDI Group name"*note where: COMPANY_CODE= < company code> CLI_USERS= < desired user sid>
- Schedule the command repcli reregister now to run on the clones. Make sure it does not run on the primary image. Run this as a scheduled task or Group Policy action upon login, preferably from a batch file (see 79180_CB.bat). Adjust the task to run before the network interface is available. Change PRIMARY_IMAGE to the computer name of the primary machine.
*note in the 79180_CB.bat you will need to replace %computername% in three places in the bat file with the hostname of the Master/Gold image hostname.
- Shut down the machine.
- Create the primary image/VM template. Deployed clones register as separate devices and are assigned a new DeviceID when the reregister command is run, and the sensor connects to the backend.
- To create a new template, repeat steps 4-5.