We are trying to test the communication flow and would like to know how we can make the sensor (sensors / endpoints) communicate so to speak. We are wanting to capture logs of the ones not checking in.
VMware Carbon Black Cloud; all sensors
You can force the sensor to check in by following the steps below.
(Note: User must be logged into the endpoint with an account that matches the AD User or Group SID configured at the the time of the sensor install.)
- Launch an elevated command prompt.
- Change to the directory where the sensor is installed:
cd C:\Program Files\Confer
- Enter the following command:
repcli cloud hello
If this command does not work, please follow the instructions in this article to enable authenticated CLI users and attempt the command again.
(Note: RepCLI is only supported on sensor versions 3.5.1 and higher.)
- Launch a terminal and navigate to the directory where the RepCLI binary exists:
cd /Applications/VMware\ Carbon\ Black\ Cloud/repcli.bundle/Contents/MacOs/
- Run the following command using "sudo":
sudo ./repcli cloud hello
(Note: The RepCLI utility is not supported on Linux at this time. To force a Linux endpoint to check in, please follow the steps below.)
- Launch a terminal and execute the following command:
sudo kill -SIGUSR1 $(pidof cbagentd)