Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is used to further secure your access to Red Canary. When enabled, we require a time-based one-time password (TOTP) code after you enter your username and password.
Red Canary support the following MFA standards-compliant MFA applications:
- Google Authenticator
- Duo Mobile
- Microsoft Authenticator
Codes can also be delivered via text message to the phone number set in your profile.
If you are able to log in...
- Click your user profile at top right of Red Canary, and then click View profile.
- Under the Two Factor Authentication section, check Required.
- Verify current password by entering your current password and click Save. The screen will refresh and return you to the Red Canary home page.
- Click your user avatar at top right of Red Canary, and then click View profile.
- Under the Two Factor Authentication section, click Click here to show two factor authentication setup instructions.
- Download any of the listed MFA applications to your mobile device.
- Scan the QR code using your multi-factor authentication app.
- Enter the verification code generated by your app.
- Click Verify.
Note: If you are not prompted for MFA when you first sign in after you set it up, clear your browser’s cache. Cached credentials from before you set up MFA can sometimes interfere with MFA.
If you are not able to log in, and single sign-on is not enabled...
You can register a new device by resetting your password if you do not have access to the device currently used to receive TOTP codes:
- Visit the Red Canary login page and click Forgot?.
- Enter your email address and click Send me reset instructions.
- Follow the instructions in the Password Reset email.
- Once logged in, follow the instructions above, under the If you are able to log in section.
If you are not able to log in, and single sign-on is enabled...
Any user with the Admin role can temporarily disable the MFA requirement for your account:
- Click your user profile at top right of Red Canary, and then click Users & Roles.
- Click the icon next to the desired user.
- Click Disable MFA.
Please sign in to leave a comment.