Reporting is an essential part of every security program, for the following reasons:
- Security leaders need great reporting to understand whether their people, investments, and programs are delivering outcomes that properly improve their program.
- Security leaders also need to be able to communicate the value of their investments and performance to their executive leadership.
- Incident responders need to understand how quickly they are responding to and remediating threats affecting their environment.
- The teams responsible for purchasing Red Canary need to understand how much value is being provided and how Red Canary us performing vs. expectations.
Red Canary’s Report Library is focused on giving you actionable information that you can use as quickly as possible.
Since most security teams provide reporting via slide decks, Red Canary’s reports use the same format. Some teams will paste screenshots of these reports directly into their internal slide decks; others will use snippets of each report.
Each report includes an About this report section that describes the report and how it can be useful to security teams.
We always appreciate feedback on how your security team reports performance and security outcomes both internally and to your leadership, so please securely share those reports with us. Your feedback can help create new reports that make your team’s communication more efficient.
Subscribe to, print, and export reports
Reports are designed to be screen-captured and saved as PDFs or printed. All reports use vector graphics so you can zoom in to grab the ideal shot.
Report subscriptions enable you to track the impact and effectiveness of your security operations program. Reports can be scheduled (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) and distributed via email with a PDF attachment.
To create a subscription, edit a subscription, or send a PDF of an already scheduled report, click Reports > Subscriptions. Then...
- To create a subscription, click Create Subscription. A pop-up will appear in which you can define subscription parameters and add recipients.
- To edit an existing subscription, click the pencil icon.
- To send a PDF of a report immediately from an existing subscription to an already enrolled subscriber, click the paper-airplane icon. To send an email to someone who isn't already subscribed, add the new email address to an existing subscription or to a new subscription. Note: Emails can be sent only to users with access to your Red Canary platform.
Share and bookmark reports
Many reports are interactive and customizable, allowing you to select time periods and adjust dimensions, among other things. Each of these customizations results in a unique URL that you can bookmark and share with others on your team.
Reports, including any customizations, can also be favorited: Click the ICON_STAR icon so that you can easily recall frequently used configurations.
Display reports on a TV / wall monitor
Reports can be viewed in full-screen mode. Click the ICON_EXPAND icon to maximize any report fullscreen. To continually refresh the report’s visualization, use a browser-refresh extension.