If parts of your environment are constricted by bandwidth limitations, you can set up site throttling on your Carbon Black server to prevent potential network bottlenecks.
Setting up site throttling
You can use site throttling to control how much bandwidth is used for transmitting telemetry from your endpoints to your Carbon Black EDR server.
Throttling is configured on a per site basis, so before throttling, you will need to organize your endpoints into sensor groups and sensor groups into sites.
To configure site throttling:
- Log into your Carbon Black EDR server.
- Click your username > Settings.
- Select the site you want to throttle.
- Use the calendar to configure throttling. Note that this throttles the site as a whole or in aggregate, not individual endpoints.
- Click Save changes and throttling will be enabled.