There are occasional scenarios when you might need a Red Canary service account, such as:
- Following best practices that dictate that API users use a distinct service account.
- Creating users with a phone number linked to a pager or call tree so that the user can be configured as the recipient of an automation playbook or added to a list of persons to call in an emergency.
Create a service account
You can create a service account in the same way you invite other users to Red Canary.
- Click your user profile at top right of Red Canary, and then click Users & Roles.
- Enter the email address that will be associated with the service account and click Invite.
- Accept the invitation by clicking the link in the invitation email.
- Use the service account as desired.
Creating a service account requires a valid email address that will receive an invitation email.