There are occasional scenarios when you might need a Red Canary service account, such as:
- Following best practices that dictate that API users use a distinct service account.
- Creating users with a phone number associated with a pager or call tree so the user can be set as the recipient of an automation playbook or added to the list of whom to call in case of an emergency.
Create a service account
You can create a service account in the same way you invite other users to Red Canary.
To create a service account:
- Click Administration > Users & Roles.
- Enter the email address that will be associated with the service account and click Invite.
- Accept the invitation by clicking the link in the invitation email.
- Use the service account as desired.
Creating a service account requires a valid email address that will receive an invitation email.