Red Canary’s phone integration allows phone calls to be triggered as part of an automation playbook.
The phone integration is designed to call a list of phone numbers in order until a recipient acknowledges the alert by pressing 1, or 10 retries are exhausted.
For example, if three phone numbers are listed, they will be called in the following order:
- Call phone number 1.
- If unanswered or the recipient presses 2 to ignore the message, call phone number 2.
- If unanswered or the recipient presses 2 to ignore the message, call phone number 3.
- If unanswered or the recipient presses 2 to ignore the message, call phone number 1 again.
- Repeat this loop up to 10 times.
Adding a phone call automation action
To dial phone numbers as part of an automation playbook:
- Within any playbook, click Add Action.
- Click Phone Call > Call Phone Numbers > Add to Playbook.
- Enter one or more comma-separated phone numbers that should receive the phone call. Use the complete '+' and country code, e.g., +16175551212 (E. 164 format).
These can be determined dynamically using variables, such as using
$Detection.marked_acknowledged_by_user.phoneto call the user who acknowledged a detection.
- Specify the Message you want spoken to the recipient.
- Click Save.
There is not currently a practical limit of number of phone numbers that can be added to an Automation. That said, numbers will be called sequentially until acknowledged.