Use an automation playbook to set up a phone integration that will call specified phone numbers based on trigger criteria. The automation will call the phone numbers listed in the playbook by order until the recipient acknowledges the alert by pressing 1 or 10 retries are exhausted.
For example, if three phone numbers are listed, they will be called in the following order:
- Call phone number 1.
- If unanswered or the recipient presses 2 to ignore the message, call phone number 2.
- If unanswered or the recipient presses 2 to ignore the message, call phone number 3.
- If unanswered or the recipient presses 2 to ignore the message, call phone number 1 again.
- Repeat this up to 10 times.
Add phone call automation
Add a phone call to your automation playbook that will call specified phone numbers either when the playbook runs or when all actions in a playbook have been successfully completed. These phone numbers are called in sequential order until a recipient acknowledges the call by pressing 1. At this time, there isn't a limit on the number of phone numbers that can be added.
- From Red Canary, click Automations.
- Click Playbooks, and then click into a playbook.
- Click one of the two Add Action buttons depending on when the phone number should be triggered. For example, click Add Action under When this playbook is run, the following actions will be performed in no particular order to trigger the phone calls whenever the playbook is run.
- From Phone Call, click Call Phone Numbers, and then click Add to Playbook.
- Enter one or more comma-separated phone numbers that should receive the phone call. Add phone numbers using the 164 format, including + and the country code. For example, +16175551212.
Note: These can be determined dynamically using variables, such as using
$Detection.marked_acknowledged_by_user.phoneto call the user who acknowledged a threat.
- Enter the Message you want spoken to the recipient.
- Specify the number of seconds to wait before calling the next number.
- Optionally, select Require approval.
- Click Save.