After reviewing the VMWare Carbon Black Cloud Console you have noticed multiple endpoints that are older and have not checked in for a while. When trying to deregister/decommission those endpoints, you encounter an error indicating the action is not possible. You attempt to remove the endpoint(s) using the deregister action from the console when you receive the error.
Carbon Black Cloud Console
Carbon Black Standard EDR
Carbon Black Enterprise EDR
This works as a workaround for when the delete/deregister action gives an error or is not able to complete the action:
1. Log into the Carbon Black Cloud Console
2. Click on "Endpoints"
3. Filter for status "inactive"
4. Select the sensors(s)
5. Click Take Action and then click "uninstall"
6. Wait for the sensor to flip to "deregistered" status
7. Click Take Action and then click "delete deregistered devices"
8. Confirm the deletion.
Note, if the Endpoints are VDI devices, the customer can also use the following settings to automatically remove the endpoints after they have not reporting in on so many days:
1. Under policy settings ---> Sensor tab, there is an option called "Auto deregister VDI sensor's that are inactive for more than" Please select it for 24 hours or a week and observe.
2. Also in the Endpoints tab, you can find an option under " Sensor settings" to " Auto deregister sensor that is inactive for " set it to 24 hours or one week.