- From the navigation menu, click Scenario and select a scenario you wish to exercise.
- Once the scenario is selected, click Exercise this Scenario.
- Set up the scenario by describing why you're using it and attaching the attendees who will be participating.
- After you’ve set the scenario up, click Begin.
- Proceed through the scenario by exercising your ability to complete the prompted skills. The skill boxes will automatically save once you click out of the text field.
- At any point in the exercise, you can add exercise notes or specific todos on the right side of the exercise.
- Once you’ve completed all of the exercise prompts and are comfortable with submitting your responses and Exercise Notes, click Complete.
- When you’re ready to begin retrospecting the exercise, click Begin Retrospective. As a reminder, a retrospective can be done on your own, by a peer or manager, or by the Red Canary team during Facilitated Exercise engagements.
- Work through each response to provide feedback on what can be improved or what the correct response should have been. Rate the initial response using the maturity level dropdown.
- As a reminder, you can still update Todos and also have a dedicated Retrospective notepad.
- Once the retrospective is complete, click Complete Retrospective.
- The exercise will then automatically populate your scenario readiness score based on the initial response inputs and retrospective maturity grading.
- Users can export a PDF version of the final report by clicking Export.
Note: Users with elevated privileges can also click Unlock to revert the exercise to a previous state for editing attendees, grading, or other inputs that may need to be corrected.
- After completing the exercise, you can navigate out of the exercise to anywhere you’d like in the platform. The completed exercise will be logged in your exercises page and will populate on your home page under recent exercises.
Now you’re ready to exercise more scenarios! Our goal is for you and your team to exercise on a weekly basis, and we provide a variety of scenarios for you to choose from.