Welcome to Red Canary's Readiness Exercises, a learning experience platform that enables teams to continuously train for real-world scenarios, allowing them to prepare for and remain prepared for today's top security threats. With on-demand content and expert training, organizations can improve their incident preparedness by continuously practicing and validating the skills, processes, and playbooks required to respond to security threats quickly.
Readiness revolves around exercising a scenario with several prompts and skills that are foundational to your team being ready for the situation in the real world. While conducting an exercise, you’ll take notes, generate Todos (action items), and conduct a retrospective.
- Once your team is invited, click Readiness from the navigation menu.
- Click the play button on a scenario from the Readiness Exercises home page.
- Under Setup this exercise, click the dropdown boxes to select the users who will be participating.
- Once everyone is selected, click Begin. You’re now in your first exercise!
- Each step in the exercise informs you about something that occurred during the exercise or directs you to what you should discuss with your team. Most discussion points provide a free text space for you (or your exercise’s scribe) to record your notes, though some will ask yes or no questions.
- Once you’ve completed the exercise and recorded all your notes, click Complete to end the exercise.
- When you’re ready it’s time to conduct a retrospective with your team. The goal of every great retrospective is to ask:
- What worked well that we should repeat?
- What could we do more or less of?
- What action items will we prioritize?